1. Information about personal data collection
(1) Below we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data relating to you personally, e.g. name, address, email address, user behavior.
(2) In accordance with Article 4, Section 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO), the company information and contact details are listed in the "Contact Us" section (see "Contact Us" section of our website).
(3) If you contact us by email or through the contact form, the information you provide (your email address, your name and phone number, if applicable) will be retained by us to answer your questions. Any data arising from such processing are deleted as soon as their storage is not required anymore or, if there are legal requirements for storage, their processing is limited.
(4) When we contact authorized service providers for specific purposes of our offer or if we need to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the relevant transactions. In this case, we also indicate the established criteria for storage periods.
2. Your rights
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- Right to information
- Right to modify or delete data
- Right to processing restriction
- Right to object to processing
- Right to data transfer.
3. Personal data collection when visiting our website
(1) When using our website for information purposes only, i.e. without registering or otherwise providing information, we collect only the personal data that your browser sends to our server. If you wish to browse our website, we will collect the following data, which is technically necessary to view our website and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Article 6, Section 1, Provision 1, Paragraph f of the General Data Protection Regulation):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference relative to Greenwich mean time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP
- Each amount of data transferred
- Site from which the request comes
- Web browser
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and software version of the browser.
(2) In addition to the above-mentioned data, Cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive for the browser you are using and through which certain information is received from the Cookie location (in this case through us). Cookies cannot run any programs or introduce a virus to your computer. They serve to make online advertising more convenient and effective in General.
(3) Using Cookies:
This website uses the following types of Cookies, the scope and functioning of which are explained below:
- Temporary Cookies (a)
- Persistent Cookies (b).
a) Temporary Cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These include, in particular, session Cookies. They store a so-called session ID that allows you to associate various requests from your browser with a shared session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you visit our site again. Session Cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
b) Persistent Cookies are automatically deleted after a certain period of time, and these periods may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete Cookies at any time in your browser's security settings.
You can customize your browser according to your wishes. You can also choose to accept Cookies only in certain cases or at all times. By setting up your browser, you can, for example, refuse to accept third-party Cookies or all Cookies. Remember that you may not be able to use all the features of this site.
4. Other features and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the exclusive use of information on our website, we offer a variety of services that you may use as needed. To do so, you will generally be required to provide other personal information that we use to provide the service, and to which the above-mentioned data processing principles apply.
(2) We use third-party service providers in some cases to process your personal data. They have been carefully selected and authorized by us, act in accordance with our instructions and are regularly inspected.
(3) Also when offering such services as participation in promotions, contests, contracts, etc. together with partners, your personal data may be transferred to third parties. For more information, please provide your personal information or refer to the offer description.
(4) If our service providers or partners are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the offer description.
5. Objection or withdrawal of consent to the processing of your data
(1) If you have given consent to the processing of your personal data, you may withdraw it at any time. Such withdrawal will affect the processing of your personal data after you provide it to us.
(2) If your personal data are processed based on a balance of interests, you may object to such processing. This occurs when, in particular, processing is not required to perform a contract with you, which is specified by us in each case when describing the respective functions. In the event of such a disagreement you will be asked to specify the reasons why we should not process your personal data in accordance with our requirements. In the event of your reasonable objection, we will review the situation and either stop or correct processing, or provide you with a convincing legal reason why processing will continue.
(3) Of course, you may refuse from your personal data processing for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us about your refusal from your personal data processing for advertising purposes by using the contact information specified in the "Contact Us" section (see "Contact Us" section of our website).
6. Using Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "Cookies" - text files stored on your computer that allow analyzing site usage. The information obtained by the Cookie about the use of this website is usually transmitted to the Google server in the United States and stored there. On this website, we have activated the IP anonymization feature of Google Analytics (with the "_anonymizeIp ()" extension). As a result, IP addresses are processed in a shortened form to eliminate references to any person. If the data collected about you can identify you, personal data are deleted immediately to avoid this.
Thus, your IP-address is initially shortened by Google within the member states of the European Union and in other states that are parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases it is shortened after the full IP address is transmitted to the Google server in the USA. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website operation and to provide the website operator with other services related to the website and Internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if it is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be combined with other data provided by Google.
(4) We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly optimize the use of our website. Statistics allow us to improve our offers to make them more interesting for you as users. In exceptional cases when personal data are transferred to the USA, Google complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6, Section 1, Provision 1, Paragraph f of the General Data Protection Regulation.
(5) We have concluded a data processing agreement with Google and comply with the strict requirements of the German data protection authorities in full when using Google Analytics.
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics to analyze the flow of visitors from multiple devices using the user ID. You can disable the analysis of your devices in the "My Data", "Personal Information" section of your customer account.
7. Using social media plugins
(1) We currently use the following social plugins: Facebook, Xing and LinkedIn. In this case, we use the so-called "two-click login". This means that no personal information is transferred to the plugin provider initially when you visit our site. Information about the plugin provider is available by its initial letter or logo. We provide the opportunity for direct communication with the plugin provider using the button. The plugin provider will receive information about a certain page you visited on our website only if you click on the marked field and activate it. In addition, the data specified in Paragraph 3 of this note will be transmitted. As for Facebook and Xing, according to the data of the relevant providers in Germany, the IP address is anonymized immediately after information is collected. When you activate the plugin, your personal data will be transferred to and stored by the appropriate plugin provider (US provider in the USA). Since the plugin provider collects data, in particular, using Cookies, we recommend you to delete all Cookies using your browser security settings before clicking on the logo.
(2) We cannot influence the collection and processing of data and we have no information about the total amount of data collected, the purpose of processing and storage periods. We also have no information to delete the data collected by the plugin provider.
(3) The plugin provider stores the data collected about you as usage profiles and uses them for advertising, marketing research and/or to customize its website according to your preferences. This evaluation is carried out, in particular (also for unregistered users), to provide advertising based on your needs and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to forming such a user profile. You need to contact the appropriate plugin provider for this. Plugins allow us to interact with social networks and other users so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of plugins is Article 6, Section 1, Provision 1, Paragraph f of the General Data Protection Regulation.
(4) Data transfer takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the relevant plugin provider and whether you are registered with the social network. When you use the plugin to log in, your data collected on our website will be linked directly to your account in the relevant social network. If you click on an active button and, for example, create a link to a page, the plugin provider will also store this information in your user account and it will be available to your contacts. We recommend you to log out regularly after using the social network, but especially before clicking on the active button, as this will prevent matching with your profile through the plugin.
(5) For more information about the purposes and scope of data collection and processing by the plugin provider, please refer to the privacy notes of such providers below. You will also find there additional information about your rights and settings to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plugin providers and the URLs of the relevant privacy notes are given below:
(a) [Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; www.facebook.com/policy.php; for more information about data collection: www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other and www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info. Facebook complies with the provisions of the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(b) XING AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; www.xing.com/privacy
(c) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
8. YouTube video integration
(1) We integrated YouTube videos in our online offers, which are stored on www.YouTube.com and directly played from our website. [They are all included in the "Advanced Privacy Mode", i.e. data collected on you as a user are not transferred to YouTube until you play any video. Data transmission specified in Paragraph 3 occurs only when you play any video. We cannot affect this data transfer.]
(2) When visiting our website, YouTube receives the information on a certain page that you visit on our website. In addition, the data specified in Paragraph 3 of this note are transmitted. This happens regardless of whether YouTube contains a user account that you are logged in to, or whether there is no user account. When you sign in to Google, your data will be directly linked to your account. If you don't want your profile to be associated with YouTube, you must log out before you activate the button. YouTube stores your data as a usage profile and uses them for the purpose of advertising, market research and/or to customize its website in accordance with your preferences. This evaluation is carried out, in particular (also for unregistered users), to provide advertising based on your needs and informing other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to creating such a user profile by contacting YouTube.
9. Google Maps integration
(1) This website offers Google Maps options. This allows you to display interactive maps directly on the website to ensure convenient map usage.
(2) When visiting our website, YouTube receives the information on a certain page that you visit on our website. In addition, the data specified in Paragraph 3 of this note is transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether Google contains a user account that you are logged in to, or whether there is no user account. When you sign in to Google, your data are linked directly to your account. If you don't want to link them to your Google account, you must sign out before you activate the button. Google stores your data as a usage profile and uses them for the purpose of advertising, market research and/or to customize its website in accordance with your needs. This evaluation is carried out, in particular (also for unregistered users), to provide advertising based on your needs and informing other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to creating such a user profile by contacting Google.
(3) For more information on the purposes and scope of data collection and processing by the plugin provider, please refer to the privacy notice of the respective provider. You will also find there further information on your rights and settings for your privacy protection: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
As of May 2018